Friday, August 8, 2014

Gratitude

Please take a moment for gratitude today.

I am so thankful that my family and especially my children know freedom. They have never had to live their lives concerned for where they will sleep or whether they will eat. They have never gone to bed wondering if they will be alive in the morning due to a nightly air strike or worse from living in a war torn country.

My mother being born in 1944 in Germany knew all to well the effects of growing up in a country torn apart by war.

Even that cannot compare to the threats of today's war torn countries.

If I had the opportunity to attain any Super Power I could ... I would ask to have the ability to amicably resolve conflicts so our entire world would be at peace and we could all live side by side with love and respect for each other with compassion and understanding for our differences. I hope my wish comes true in my lifetime.

Today my gratitude is for my compassion, empathy, freedom, family and my capacity to love and being loved.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment