Saturday, February 7, 2015

Playing

At this moment, I am at a park with my husband and seven year old daughter. There are two separate birthday parties going that we are not a part of. My husband I take turns playing with our daughter or we both chase her around. Right now he's on the baseball diamond playing imaginary baseball with her, as we didn't bring a bat or ball, they are laughing and having a great time.

As I look around of the probably 20 parents here only two are actually playing with their children. I began to ponder how many times in life we want to play ... But we don't. Just because we are grown ups doesn't mean we shouldn't play especially if it makes us happy.

Playing and laughter are good not just for the outside but it's good for the soul and good for healing those hurt parts of our selves that have been denied that playfulness in our childhood.

Watching adult clients who were abused as children ... Play (literally) ... Often for the first time in their lives ... Is an honor for me to witness and then share the process of seeing the joy in their faces.

Play now! Play hard! Laugh and be kind to each other. ~Uteism
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment